Reusable Beeswax Food Wraps
Hand crafted using only organic materials, this reusable beeswax food wrap is the perfect alternative to plastic cling wrap or foil and is fully compostable at the end of its life, meaning it produces no waste.
The wraps are made from natural, organic materials meaning your food is not leaching harmful chemicals from plastic wraps or containers. From date of purchase, the wraps have a life span of 6-12 months, depending on individual use and care.
One 12" by 15" - great for wrapping casserole dishes, a small loaf of bread, large bowls
One 9" by 13" - great for wrapping a large sandwich, medium-sized bowls, large cut fruit
Two 6" by 7.5" - perfect for wrapping small snacks, slices of cheese, cut fruit, cut veggies
Each pack contains 2 complementing colour patterns. Choose your colour combo in the drop down menu.
USE & CARE:
- These wraps are easy to clean. Simply use cool water and a mild, natural soap, if needed, such as castile soap.
- Keep away from all sources of heat, such as, microwaves, stoves, hot or warm water, hot or warm food. Allow food to completely cool before wrapping in beeswax wrap.
- Not for use with meat or fish.
- Beeswax food wrap will feel stiff and waxy to the touch. The warmth of your hands is enough to mould it around food and dishes.
- The wraps may have a mild beeswax odour. The odour should not transfer to food.
- 100% organic cotton
- 100% organic beeswax
- 100% organic tree resin
- 100% organic jojoba oil
Organic cotton is an eco friendly fabric, which is made using cotton that is grown without the use of pesticides, herbicides or other chemical fertilizers, and is simply better for your health and the environment. The low-impact dyes in this fabric will not contaminate your food through these wraps.
Beeswax is a natural and non-toxic ingredient. It is edible and therefore safe to use with food products. It is also waterproof so it keeps unwanted moisture out while locking in the natural moisture of the wrapped food.
Tree resin has antibacterial and antifungal properties and is thought to help prevent the growth of yeast and other fungi, and to reduce the risk of contamination of food.
Jojoba oil is a liquid plant wax that is also thought to have antibacterial and antifungal properties.