Shipping calculated at checkout.
Rejuvenating Rescue Balm
Rescue balm has several nourishing oils and butters that are particularly beneficial for skin in need of some extra TLC. All ingredients in this balm are 100% natural and plant-based.
Why It Works
- Rosehip oil has a high content of Vitamin E and essential fatty acids. It contains 77% linoleic acid (Omega 6) and a-linolenic acid (Omega 3) fatty acids and a form of vitamin A, making it a rejuvenating, anti-aging oil used to repair damaged skin, assist in treating acne, and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Calendula oil has antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties that might make it useful in healing wounds, soothing eczema, and relieving diaper rash. It's also used as an antiseptic.
- High concentrations of fatty acids and vitamins make shea butter an ideal cosmetic ingredient for softening skin. Shea butter also has anti-inflammatory and healing properties. Using shea butter on your body can condition, tone, and soothe your skin.
- Beeswax carries antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties that are essential in fighting chapped skin and bacterial infections that tend to affect us most in the dry, winter months. Beeswax acts as a moisture barrier to prevent transepidermal water loss without smothering and clogging pores, thereby locking the moisture into skin so it doesn't get dry while also allowing the skin to breathe.
- Coconut oil and avocado oil are also especially softening and healing for the skin. Coconut oil may be linked to some potential benefits for skin, including reducing inflammation, keeping skin moisturized and helping heal wounds. The medium-chain fatty acids found in coconut oil also possess antimicrobial properties that can help treat acne and protect the skin from harmful bacteria.
- Avocado oil is a versatile ingredient that can help your skin in many ways. Filled with fatty acids, minerals, carotenoids, vitamins and antioxidants such as vitamin E and C, avocado oil has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and very high moisturizing properties.