Reusable Beeswax Food Bags
Eco-Friendly & Reusable Beeswax Bag
Hand crafted using only organic materials, our reusable beeswax food bag is the perfect alternative to plastic resealable bags, cling wrap or foil, and is fully compostable at the end of its life, meaning it produces zero waste.
The bags are made from natural, organic materials, meaning your food is not leaching harmful chemicals from plastic wraps or containers. From date of purchase, the wraps have a life span of 6-12 months, depending on individual use and care.
How to Use & Care for your Beeswax Bag
- These beeswax bags are easy to clean. Simply use cool water and a mild, natural soap, if needed, such as castile soap.
- Keep away from all sources of heat, such as, microwaves, stoves, hot or warm water, hot or warm food. Allow food to completely cool before wrapping in beeswax wrap.
- Not for use with meat or fish.
- Beeswax food wrap will feel stiff and waxy to the touch. The warmth of your hands is enough to mould it around food and dishes.
- The wraps may have a very mild beeswax odour. The odour should not transfer to food.
Our organic beeswax bag is made in Canada with:
- 100% organic cotton
- 100% organic beeswax
- 100% organic tree resin
- 100% organic jojoba oil
Organic cotton is an eco friendly fabric, which is made using cotton that is grown without the use of pesticides, herbicides or other chemical fertilizers, and is simply better for your health and the environment. The low-impact dyes in the fabric will not contaminate your food through these wraps.
Beeswax is a natural and non-toxic ingredient. It is edible and therefore safe to use with food products. It is also waterproof so it keeps unwanted moisture out while locking in the natural moisture of the wrapped food.
Tree resin has antibacterial and antifungal properties and is thought to help prevent the growth of yeast and other fungi, and to reduce the risk of contamination of food.
Jojoba oil is a liquid plant wax that is also thought to have antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Medium: 8" by 12" - great for a small bread loaf or small wide baguette
- Large: 9" by 15" - perfect for a loaf of bread, several bagels or pastries