Reusable Vegan Food Wrap 4-pack // Vegan Wax Wraps
Hand crafted using only organic materials, this reusable carnauba wax food wrap is a vegan alternative to beeswax wraps and a wise replacement for plastic cling wrap or foil. It's fully compostable at the end of its life, meaning it produces no waste.
The wraps are made from natural, organic materials meaning your food is not leaching harmful chemicals from plastic wraps or containers. From date of purchase, the wraps have a life span of 6-12 months, depending on individual use and care.
- One 12" by 15" - great for wrapping casserole dishes, a small loaf of bread, large bowls
- One 9" by 13" - great for wrapping a large sandwich, medium-sized bowls, large cut fruit
- Two 6" by 7.5" - perfect for wrapping small snacks, slices of cheese, cut fruit, cut veggies
USE & CARE:
- These wraps are easy to clean. Simply use cool water and a mild, natural soap, if needed, such as castile soap.
- Keep away from all sources of heat, such as, microwaves, stoves, hot or warm water, hot or warm food. Allow food to completely cool before wrapping.
- Not for use with meat or fish.
- Carnauba wax food wrap will feel quite stiff and waxy to the touch. Due to the hardness of the wax, cracks will appear when it is folded. Carnauba wax is one of the hardest natural waxes with a very high melting point. In a wrap, it will not have a sticky consistency as beeswax wraps do and will not cling to a bowl or plate. This will not affect its ability to prevent air flow around wrapped food since the fabric has been saturated with the wax mixture.
- The wraps may have a mild wax odour. The odour should not transfer to food.
- 100% organic cotton
- 100% organic carnauba wax
- 100% organic tree resin
- 100% organic jojoba oil
Organic cotton is an eco friendly fabric, which is made using cotton that is grown without the use of pesticides, herbicides or other chemical fertilizers, and is simply better for your health and the environment. The low-impact dyes in this fabric will not contaminate your food through these wraps.
Carnauba wax is a one of the hardest natural waxes, which is derived from the Brazilian palm tree, Copernicia cerifera. It is a food safe and non-toxic ingredient. Because of the hardness of Carnauba wax, these wraps do not actually wrap or bend around a dish from the warmth of your hands (as does beeswax wrap) because of its very high melting point. If wrapped well, however, it will create a barrier on the fabric and prevent your food being exposed to air.
Tree resin has antibacterial and antifungal properties and is thought to help prevent the growth of yeast and other fungi, and to reduce the risk of contamination of food.
Jojoba oil is a liquid plant wax that is also thought to have antibacterial and antifungal properties.