Natural Toothpaste for Healthy Smiles
SOOP's natural toothpaste is fluoride free and has no harmful chemicals, such as sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS).
Choose between two varieties, Winter Fresh and Bamboo Charcoal. The charcoal toothpaste is flavoured with peppermint and wintergreen essential oils.
How To Use
To use, dip a clean, dry toothbrush, like our eco-friendly bamboo toothbrush, into the paste and brush as usual. Rinse with water and spit into the sink. This product is meant to brush teeth and discard; not intended for consumption. Discontinue use if any irritation occurs.
Natural Ingredients that Work
Following is a summary of the ingredients and their benefit to oral health:
- Calcium carbonate is a mild abrasive which helps to safely remove plaque when brushing and gently polishes away surface stains.
- Activated charcoal in toothpaste may help remove surface stains on your teeth. Charcoal is mildly abrasive and is also able to absorb surface stains to some degree. There is no evidence, though, that it has any effect on stains below a tooth's enamel, or that it has a natural whitening effect.
- Xylitol can starve the harmful bacteria in your mouth, reducing plaque buildup and tooth decay. This can help prevent dental cavities and inflammatory gum diseases.
- Coconut oil attacks the harmful bacteria in your mouth. It can reduce plaque buildup, prevent tooth decay and fight gum disease. For these reasons, oil pulling or brushing your teeth with toothpaste containing coconut oil can significantly improve oral and dental health.
- Glycerin is a humectant - it holds onto water and prevents the toothpaste from drying out in the jar, and also prevents dryness in the mouth during brushing. It can help reduce bacterial activity by reducing the available water activity and therefore has a protective action against tooth decay.
- Calcium ascorbate is a natural, food-grade preservative.
- Coco glucoside is a plant-based surfactant and gentle foaming agent, derived from coconuts.
- Myrrh gum powder assists with soreness and swelling in the mouth, inflamed gums (gingivitis), loose teeth, canker sores, and bad breath.
- Xanthan gum thickens the formulation to create a paste.
- Wintergreen and peppermint essential oils help to freshen breath.
Packaged in a glass jar with a metal lid which can be recycled or repurposed and reused for something else. All of our face care products are zero waste.
I hate how you can't recycle toothbrush packaging at all so when i came across this alternative i loved the idea! It is just the same as using normal toothpaste, it has a great texture, it smells great, a little goes a long way and a glass will last you between 2/3 months depends on how much you use each time! I shall be buying more soon and 100% recommend this to everyone!